Dependable Erection

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

New Guy on the block

Via Kevin, we learn about a new blogger in town, one who says:
If you read my posts regularly, you will soon learn that I am no stranger to Durham politics, or the inner circle in Durham that runs our city and county. Having said that, I am also not a cynic, something that I have to say I see all too frequently in other Durham blogs. I don't always agree with decisions that our leaders make, or how they make them, but many times, because I am on the inside, I see another side that helps to explain why a decision was made.


All right, Guy. I am pretty cynical about how our local governments operate. Maybe your inside information can help me out with this one, which i've written about numerous times in the past. How come our elected officials were able to find the money to upgrade the landscaping at the Guess Road and Hillandale Road interchanges off of I-85, but the North Duke Street, Roxboro Street, and Avondale Drive interchanges got left with butt ugly piles of naked concrete? You don't think that might affect people's perceptions of which areas are more desirable to live in Durham?

No matter how cynical you get, as Lily Tomlin once said, you can't keep up.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home