Dependable Erection

Friday, March 07, 2008

Jamaica Jamaica

The worst part of the I-85 widening project, for me anyway, was that my mechanic moved from a very convenient spot at Guess Rd. and I-85 to one way the hell down in south Durham off highway 55. The only good things to come from this, i guess, are that i can not only blog from the waiting room while my oil is getting changed, but that i can eat lunch at Jamaica Jamaica while waiting as well.

I'm not one of Durham's many food bloggers, but because food is such an important part of life in this town, you can't help but write about it once in a awhile. So for about 7 bucks, the jerk pork with yellow rice and black beans was not only great, but i've got enough for lunch tomorrow. And there was live music.

I'll be back in three months or 3000 miles.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • Our old mechanic is also over there and we also ate at Jamaica Jamaica one night after picking up the car. We had the goat-sausage-rice-something dish. I thought it was a little not-good, though the veggies were nice, and the people were really nice. I thought the goat dish at the African restaurant downtown that closed was much better. What ever happened to those folks?

    By Blogger Valerie at We Love Durham, at 9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home