Dependable Erection

Monday, May 05, 2008

Sell!

I had some errands to run this afternoon. I needed to get a Mother's Day gift in the mail and to pick up some office supplies. I hit the post office around 2:15, there were 5 people in line ahead of me, they were all served promptly, i had my shipment weighed and stamped within a couple of minutes, and i was back in the car by 2:22. Oh, and the clerk successfully upsold me on insurance, which i almost never buy, but it's a Mother's Day gift. So. Then i headed over to Office Depot by Northgate. Almost 15 minutes of wandering around the store looking for clipboards, (plain ones come in a pack of two. If you want a single, without built in ruler or talking clock, you have to get day-glo colors) poster boards, and markers. (Good point - the poster board and markers were actually located in almost the same section.) Then, one person on line ahead of me, buying an inkjet printer. Eighteen minutes later i finally got my order rung up.

If i owned stock in Office Depot, i'd have the sell order in first thing in the morning.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • I'm amazed that you got through the Post Office that fast. Was it the one downtown? They always take forever when I'm there.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:03 PM  

  • That Office Depot does indeed suck at providing good customer service. There's is always only one cashier working the registers, and it seems that someone in front of me always has some sort of problem that delays check out - whether it's something that needs to be brought out from the back store room, or the customer insisting that every single item of the 15 or so in her cart be rung in separately (really!).

    Staples, while further away, is a much more pleasant experience.

    By Blogger Steve Graff, at 11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home