Dependable Erection

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Remembering Bruce Rosar

From DD on the Durham Bike and Ped list:
But for now, I would suggest promoting two things Bruce was passionate about. First, follow the rules of the road to stay as safe as possible. Second, join and support the newly formed statewide advocacy group that Bruce was instrumental in starting and served on the board of: NC Active Transportation Alliance. Go to www.ncactive.org and you'll find where to send a check, or, even easier, how to join using PayPal. I'm not sure how many members they have now, but I know it's on the low side because they're just getting started. Let's change that.

If you're on another list, feel fee to cross-post this, so everyone knows about the NC ATA and Bruce's involvement with it.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • I was so saddened to hear this news. I know I speak for many in that we terribly miss Bruce. His leadership in effective cycling and cycle advocacy has touched many who may not even be aware of his efforts. If only his gentle and giving life weren't cut so short.

    By Blogger Dilip, at 1:51 AM  

  • I hate to hear this news, and it's not the first time. Be careful out there, drivers! "Following the rules of the road" doesn't mean bicyclists have to move out of your way. :( I donated in his memory, and hope NC Active will continue strong.

    By Blogger Valerie, at 8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home