Dependable Erection

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Non-believers

That's an interesting word, don't you think?

I'm surprised hardly anyone seems to be talking about it.

UPDATE: For "hardly anyone", i should have added, "in Big Media." Thanks to Joe in the comments for the LJ link, and i'm sure lots of people are discussing it in their blogs and personal conversations. Maybe i missed it and Fox News already did a one hour special on how the godless are taking over at the Museum of Natural History.

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • we noticed. it was a good move, though a lame term.

    By Blogger libby, at 9:57 PM  

  • I've been talking about it with everyone I know - I thought it was incredible.

    By Blogger Gramzof3, at 9:58 PM  

  • I would have preferred that he simply said "atheists".

    It's not a dirty word, despite what Kay Hagan may think.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:01 PM  

  • He was talking to the evangelicals, it's their nomenclature. Take it from a former fundie. It was code. Some also say "unbelievers."

    By Blogger Sarah Jessica Farber, at 10:14 PM  

  • I don't have a problem with it.

    By Blogger Barry, at 10:32 PM  

  • As an agnostic, I can't say I believe or don't believe.

    Actually, I'm not interested in believing in atheism, either. Kinda boring.

    Anyhoo, I think it was his way of turning down the volume on using religion as a test for American citizenship. Long overdue.

    Dude's got a big ass tent. I hope he figures out how to keep it that way.

    By Blogger Tony, at 11:05 PM  

  • An LJ friend of mine felt directly included by the phrase, and was happy for it.

    By Blogger Joseph H. Vilas, at 12:45 AM  

  • Less dogma, better taste!

    By Blogger Tony, at 9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home