Dependable Erection

Monday, January 05, 2009

Craigslist

So i've started selling a few extraneous items on Craigslist. And the first one is being purchased by someone whose bank has inexplicably sent me a check (or so she claims) for about 25 times the actual agreed upon price, but i'm supposed to cash the check and take an extra hundred bucks or so for my troubles before sending her the balance or something like that.

Probably to Nigeria.

UPDATE: Yep, just checked my drivers license and confirmed that i wasn't born yesterday.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Is this person requesting that you mail the whatever to her, or by chance is she meeting you FTF?

    I'm curious if these scams ever use human beings on the ground, or if that would be an unnecessary expense for their scheme, as well as an unnecessary risk.

    By Blogger Marsosudiro, at 3:57 PM  

  • "Her movers" are going to come and pick up the shelves.

    My first concern was that i wasn't giving out my address, but after reading the article linked to, i realize this is a standard scam where they send me a worthless check, i cash it and send them most of the money, and then i get stuck holding the bag for $1600 or so. If i ever see a check from "her" i'll take it to the cops.

    By Blogger Barry, at 4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home