Dependable Erection

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Oooooh, that makes me mad

So, i'm playing trivia at the bar tonight. And my teammate writes down "Lucy" when i say "Lucille" for the name of B.B. King's guitar, and Ivory Soap instead of Ivory Snow for the product that Marilyn Chambers advertised before she did "Behind the Green Door" and we lose by two points. Oh, yeah and i got the Hemingway question right, but i got outvoted and the rest of the team thought it was Mark Twain. I could live with that.

I hear there was a debate or something tonight? Who won?

UPDATE: Apparently the debate was even more trivial than what i was doing, thanks to the stylings of ABC's Charles Gibson and George Stephanopolous. Awesome.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • Where do you play? I used to have a serious bar trivia habit (payed for a lot of beer in college that way) and I've been meaning to take it up again...

    By Blogger Brian, at 10:34 PM  

  • we were at Dain's tonight. An inspired guess on Ron Jeremy's real name kept us in the hunt. On the Hemingway question, i actually said, "go with Twain. If y'all are right, we'll win. But if i'm right, i'll get to say i told you so."

    By Blogger Barry, at 10:37 PM  

  • Is Dain's still at 8? And how crowded is it? A small, non-annoying group of my pals are thinking of defecting from Bull McCabe's.

    Sorry about your team not getting down with all your right answers. Were they mis-hearings or something more annoying?

    Long ago at a private trivia night, my team almost lost because they heard me say "legs" when I actually said "lakes". (The question was "limnology is the study of what subject?"). When we switched papers for grading, I thought it was really funny when some other team said, "our sheet's answer says 'legs'". Until I realized that it was my team's sheet they were reading. Damn. People. Teams. Whaddapain.

    By Blogger Marsosudiro, at 12:13 AM  

  • Dain's starts 8ish. I think the food is better at Bull McCabe's. It was crowded, but not unpleasantly so.

    there were mis-hearings, since 3 of the 4 people on the time knew the right answers, but the person with the pen didn't.

    i should note, i wasn't really mad. not even annoyed. it was fun. it would have been more fun to win, that's all.

    By Blogger Barry, at 8:16 AM  

  • I'm a big fan of Dain's trivia. And burgers (altho we missed last night's). And, yes, it can get pretty crowded.
    Coincidentally, I ran into Dain at Bean Trader's this morning and he said last night's trivia was the longest game evah.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home