Dependable Erection

Monday, December 24, 2007

Really good customer service

At the risk of damaging my reputation as a world class whiner, i want to call attention to a company that lived up to its promises.

I bought a pepper mill and salt shaker earlier this year at Costco. Just when i was getting ready to refill the mill, it broke. The grinding mechanism completely fell apart. I went to Olde Thompson's website:
What is the guarantee policy?
If, at any time, your Olde Thompson grinding mechanism fails to give complete grinding satisfaction, simply mail the mill with your name and address to our customer Service Department,and it will be repaired or replaced without charge. Damage to body or finish caused by accident or improper use is not covered.

So i sent the mill back with my return address a couple of weeks ago. On Saturday, a replacement mill arrived. With a matching salt shaker. Both of them filled. No questions asked.

Just good timely customer service, over and above what was promised.

That really shouldn't seem so strange, should it?

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • Complete grinding satisfaction is the least that one should expect at dependable erection.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:51 AM  

  • I know this isn't what your post is about, but.... Pepper mills are notoriously shoddy. I'd gone through several myself when I noticed Julia Child said something positive about Peugeot mills in one of her cookbooks. Julia never plugs anyone. So I immediately called Fowler's; they had one, so I went and bought it. This was about 15-20 years ago. My mill still works fine. I even bought two more, so I'd have a small pepper and salt mill to put on the table. They all work fine.

    I think you can get one at Kitchenworks in Chapel Hill.

    By Blogger Joseph H. Vilas, at 10:52 AM  

  • Heheh to Mrs. D.

    Glad to hear of a good product story.

    Costco in general is the best of the warehouse clubs, quality-wise. Not only that, but they're a Blue company. I'd much rather give my money to them than to wallyworld/sams.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:21 PM  

  • Just FYI, I bet Costco would have taken it back, too. They have always taken my returns back with absolutely no questions asked (not even a sideways eye-rolling), even without a receipt, and even if the package was opened.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home