Dependable Erection

Sunday, October 07, 2007

In memoriam: Susan Blake

Catching up on the many emails that collected unread in my inbox the past two weeks, i found this:
I just heard from my friend Deer Spirit (Kemi Nahal) that Susan Blake of Peacesmiths has passed away. I'll post more info as I hear it.


I worked with Susan back in the 70s in the fight against the Shoreham nuclear plant, on the north shore of Long Island, and saw her briefly in June 2006 at a 50th birthday party for a mutual friend. She was already ill then, but facing her mortality with the same courage and strength with which she faced many injustices over her too short life. Long Island is a better place for her having lived there.

Rest in peace.

Read more here, here, here (scroll down), and here.

1 Comments:

  • Hello.

    Yes, very sad news about Susan Blake passing.

    My husband and I were friends with Susan. We have a memorial page up for Susan. And, we are going to keep people posted about an upcoming "Life Celebrating Event" to be planned by the PeaceSmiths board.

    Peace,
    Kimberly Wilder
    www.onthewilderside.net

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home