Dependable Erection

Friday, May 12, 2006

Starring role

I'm getting ready for my starring role in the Durham Regional Hospital production of "Up Periscope." Normal irregular blogging will resume as soon as i recover my dignity.

Update - OK, i'm fine. Nothing out of the ordinary in my lower digestive tract. The amnesiafacient drug is not quite all it's cracked up to be however.

In conversation with the prep nurse, i learned that my guess as to how the Fleet Phospho-soda does its job was pretty much correct. By dumping over 3 grams of sodium into the system the body responds by pulling all the water it can into the lower intestine to restore the electolytic balance, in the process flushing out anything that may have been hiding there.

the weird thing is that people do this (the flush job, not the colonoscopy) on a routine basis for their personal hygiene. The idea of sitting on the toilet shitting lemonade for 8 hours because it makes you feel clean is something i don't get. I guess i've lived a sheltered life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home