Dependable Erection

Thursday, May 13, 2010

State Senator #23

From the Old North Durham neighborhood listserv:
How do you find out which NC State Senator owns license plate #23?? If you find out, please let me know. I'd love to send that Senator an angry email. If one of our local Senators, he won't get my vote any more either.

I was driving down Mangum Street on my way to work this morning. I pulled up behind a maroon Porsche Boxster with NC Senate plate #23 at Geer Street. When the light turned green, this car did a jack-rabbit start, accelerated to at least 50 mph, and drove down the center of Mangum straddling both lanes.

I was hoping to catch up to the car in downtown and give the driver a piece of my mind. However, I was going the speed limit and got stopped by the light at the Loop.

I don't care who you are or how important you think you are.....don't disrespect my neighborhood by driving recklessly!!!

I can't wait to let that Senator know what I think of their driving.

Jon
Edward Street

Hmmm. Now which state Senator has a "residence" in Old North Durham?
h/t to DS

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • Well, if it correlates to Senate District number, the Senator representing District 23 is Eleanor Kinnaird, who lives in Carrboro and represents Orange and Person counties.

    Floyd McKissick represents northern Durham county in District 20; Bob Atwater represents southern Durham, Chatham and Lee counties in District 18.

    Dan Blue represents eastern Wake in District 14 and Neal Hunt the western portion in District 15.

    By Blogger Dan S., at 1:19 PM  

  • A quick search of the Durham County Tax records, plugging in the name of our local senator Floyd McKissick, provides some
    fairly conclusive results.

    He's got a 1999 Porsche Boxster registered to him.

    By Blogger toastie, at 12:17 AM  

  • @toastie-
    And he's now 5 months late on his taxes for that car.

    Classy!

    By Blogger Rob Gillespie, at 2:58 PM  

  • And he stole Ellie Kinnaird's license plate!

    (jk)

    By Blogger toastie, at 3:11 PM  

  • OMG, I was just complaining about his driving on 15-501 the other day! Now I know who I won't be voting for...

    By Blogger Sallie, at 9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home