Dependable Erection

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Choppers

Two news helicopters circling overhead very near my house. Wonder what's going on?

UPDATE: Ah, WTVD tells me that southbound I-85 is closed due to a wreck. Can't imagine that anyone would have been speeding on that stretch of road.

UPDATE: WRAL sez:
Durham, N.C. — All southbound lanes of Interstate 85 are closed in Durham at Duke Street due to a wreck, the state Department of Transportation said.

The closure began at about 5:25 p.m. and was expected to last until about 7:30 p.m.

Police have said that the wreck involves a tractor trailer and multiple cars.

Traffic was at a standstill, backing up from milemarker 176. Authorities advised drivers to avoid the area if possible.

Looking at the traffic cams, it appears that traffic is backed up beyond the 70/I-85 split southbound within the first half hour of the wreck. If it takes another two hours before the lanes are opened, how long will it take to clear the jam? Can't believe my queueing theory skills have deserted me?

2 Comments:

  • I was coming in on the Northbound side at 530pm. It was terrible, I cant imagine who survived what I saw

    By Blogger Vera, at 8:56 AM  

  • News reports say no one was killed, but the two people in the Chevy that hit the tractor trailer have very serious injuries.

    People need to pay attention to what's going on around them when they're on the road. Even doing the speed limit on the freeway is fast enough to kill you or someone around you if you're not paying attention, and i doubt those folks were doing the speed limit. There ain't no skid marks on the highway behind the tractor trailer.

    By Blogger Barry, at 9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home