Dependable Erection

Friday, July 18, 2008

Friday, July 18th - Victory in Iraq Day

We'll be celebrating this day for generations to come, no doubt.
“I am happy to stand in front of you to tell you that this strategy has succeeded. It has succeeded. It has succeeded,” McCain said first at a Kansas City, Mo., town hall meeting.

He then reiterated the line for reporters aboard his campaign bus.

“I repeat my statement that we have succeeded in Iraq — not we are succeeding — we have succeeded in Iraq,” he said. “The strategy has worked and we now have the Iraqi government and military in charge in the major cities in Iraq. Al Qaeda is on their heels and on the run.”

So, who's the party pooper making this claim:
But he quickly shifted to the need to persevere there, saying that he expected attacks by Al-Qaeda in Iraq “so they can erode support for the al-Maliki government” during the American election campaign.

Oh, it's that John McCain, guy, that's who.

And what does this guy know?:
"I won't go so far as to say that progress in Iraq from a military perspective has reached a tipping point or is irreversible - it has not, and it is not," Mullen said. "But security is unquestionably and remarkably better."
I mean, it's not like he's the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff or anything like that.

What's that?

Oh, sorry. Mullen is the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

Guess we won't be celebrating July 18th as Victory in Iraq Day after all.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • I'd call this un-unequivocal success.... Wah.

    --Lisa S.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:06 PM  

  • I propose a "John McCain Bumpersticker Watch" for DE.

    Unlike "W," McCain does not raise Republican spirits wherever he goes. No good Republican in North Carolina wants to put a McCain bumpersticker on his or her car? Why is that? What's the matter? You don't like John McCain? Because when I hear John McCain, the first thing I think of is his pet-name for his wife, beer heiress Cindy McCain. Here's a hint: it rhymes with "wussy."

    I have a Karl Rove Answer to that, the bumpersticker question. But I will leave it to our Republican Tourists to deliver it, piping hot fresh.

    Me? I saw one McCain bumpersticker near Winston-Salem, two weeks ago. That's it. I suspect there MUST be some in North Rawley or Carrie, but you tell me.

    By Blogger Tony, at 8:49 PM  

  • i have yet to see a single McCain sticker. I've heard of one that was an "M", kinda like to the "W - the President" stickers that Bush supporters use. I've also seen an "M - the Moron" sticker, though.

    By Blogger Barry, at 11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home