Dependable Erection

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Say what?

Continuing the theme of catching up on the Durham blogosphere, Toastie had a curious post the other day about a Duke hospital experience:
No, I’m sorry, sweetie. I can’t change it. I’ll lose my job.

This is what a staffer in the Duke Hospital Radiology Department said to me after I, after 90 minutes of agony, requested that the television in the waiting room be switched from Fox News to anything else.


Remember, we're fighting them over there, so we don't have to fight them over here.

He didn't ask to see a competing news program. In fact, it's not even obvious from the request that it's Fox's unique brand of propaganda that's the problem. It could very easily have been a "man, i'm in pain and the news is depressing. Got any cartoons i could watch while i wait for my results?" request. That's what makes the "I'll lose my job if i change the channel away from Fox News" response so chilling.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • the only person who reads that as "I can't touch the TV at the request of patients" vs "J00 MUST W4TCH FOX"

    I then read the first as "I don't want to deal with you. HAND. HTH!" Making it into some right wing conspiracy is just loopy.

    By Blogger Matt Sayler, at 10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home