Dependable Erection

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Off base - a few thoughts about Game 7

As game 7 of the ALCS gets ready to start, just a couple of quick thoughts.

I'm appreciating watching a game that's played in a stadium that is not full of fans screaming at every pitch waving those stupid-ass towels. Don't get me wrong. I like seeing Crazy Towel Guy at Cameron whenever i go there as much as anyone, but i don't think i'd want to be in a stadium with 50,000 more like him.

Unfortunately, Cleveland is going to win this game as Dice-K comes up short once again, and we'll be treated to a total towel waving spectacle.

You read it here first.

UPDATE: I like the sign they just showed on TV - "We never wave a white flag at Fenway." That's right. Prove me wrong, guys.

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • Yo Barry,

    I guess all those years living on L.I., the salt air got to you. Tonight we shall witness the resurrection of Dice-K, or the Return of Beckett in case the former fails.

    But the dear Red Sox will prevail, and lo, in Kenmore Square and up and down the Green Line there will be much rejoicing.

    I just wish CBS didn't have Viva Laughlin running against this, though given how much I loved the BBC and how poor the reviews have been, perhaps that's not a terrible thing.l

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:42 PM  

  • Postscript -- as I was writing this, the Sox just scored a run. Proof 'nuff.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:43 PM  

  • Dice-K has been much better than i expected. He's also caught a few breaks. Cleveland could easily be up by a run or two right now.

    Great picth to strike out Cabrera with, though.

    By Blogger Barry, at 10:19 PM  

  • You're not a betting man, I hope.

    But you were sure right a couple of weeks back talking about how late these games end. Even if the Red Sox hadn't scored 8 more runs in the seventh and eighth innings, this game would be keeping me up later than I'd like.

    Current 11-2, one out in the ninth. I think the Red Sox have this one, maybe even before midnight...ugh...

    By Blogger toastie, at 11:57 PM  

  • An early work meeting this morning meant I was in bed by the sixth. But SportsCenter this morning gave me all the reason in the world to celebrate.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:01 AM  

  • Dammit. That's an ugly way to start the morning -- seeing happy Boston sports fans.

    I was on board the last time they were in the Series, just because it would mean I wouldn't have to hear Boston fans bitch and moan endlessly about how they never win anything (despite having regular championship teams in every major sport except baseball). Thankfully, that's toned down the belly-aching, which is a blessed change, but it wouldn't have been as nice as The Dream -- having both the Yankees and the Red Sox sitting out the playoffs. Ah, one day...

    Ugh. I'm reduced to rooting for the Rockies. This is getting less and less fun by the day.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:52 PM  

  • HUB OF THE UNIVERSE.

    REPRESENT.

    THAT IS ALL.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home