Dependable Erection

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Jim Black

So Jim Black's going to jail for 5 years.

A few thoughts cross my mind.

Last year, at the Durham County Democratic Party convention, a motion to call on Jim Black to resign was defeated, by, as i recall, an almost 2-1 margin. I'm still pretty new to party politics, and the 06 convention was my first. I should probably have spoken my mind, but i didn't, although i did vote in favor of the motion. Corruption is corruption, and if Democrats want to govern, we need to keep our house clean, not hide behind platitudes of "protecting our own." If our own are not doing the job honestly, we need to call them on it.

Now that Black's gone, can we dump the stupid lottery as well?

Finally, what do you think the reaction will be from conservatives if Gov. Easley commutes Jim Black's sentence?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home